Sunday, February 8, 2015

What’s up?

It has been a month since I updated my blog and I’m really blaming it on the laziness I feel every single day. I felt I have nothing to update because it is just the start of the year. But then I told myself I better get into blogging again because this will be my online diary. Nope, I will not be writing everything here. Only the important events in our lives.

January has been tough. I am juggling a bunch of things every day. From the hectic schedule at work, doing every day chores in our house, preparing our baby needs (and my needs), learning how to bake, reading books and everything else that needs my attention.

I am already in my 35th week of pregnancy and every day is a challenge. I’ve been experiencing lower back pain, difficulty in walking because of the extra weight, going to the comfort room more often and having difficulty in breathing because of heart burn. Sometimes I wake up early morning because of leg cramps – to which I already learned the basic first aid. P.S. Leg cramps only happen every time my OB changes my vitamins. So far I experienced leg cramps only thrice.

I am now controlling my carbohydrates intake so that it will be easier for me to give birth. As much as possible I am eating less than a cup of rice each meal. Sometimes I go for 1 cup because the baby inside seems very hungry. >.<

I have also purchased several modern cloth diapers from a friend. I am really determined to go full time on cloth nappying because of the potential savings it can give to us. The initial cost may be plentiful but when you compute total expenses from doing cloth nappying compared to disposable diapers, the difference will be more than double. I just hope my husband is into it also. I’ll try to convince him on the first few months.

Cloth diapers

I’ve been doing bad in terms of our finances. Electric bill and water bill went up, food/misc expenses also went over and beyond our budget. Thanks to our low leisure and car expenditure we were able to save 1000Php from the original planned expenses. I think I need to tweak things a little bit here to stay in our budget for each category. Tipid tipid!

Jan-15

Planned
Actual
Savings
household
electric bill
1000
1020
-20

water bill
300
328
-28

internet
1190
1190
0

food/misc
8000
8892.82
-892.82

leisure
2000
699
1301

car expenditure
5000
4260.77
739.23
TOTAL

17490
16390.59
1099.41

But I am proud to say that we were able to follow our investment plans for the month of January. I convinced husband to contribute much more this year to beef up our retirement fund. In return, I am taking care of the educational fund of our child to be. (I’ve been saving for our child’s education even before we actually have one. Forward thinking eh!)

I think that’s it for January update. I hope I have more time to compose more blogs on the coming days.

Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment