Sunday, March 24, 2013

The World as I see It


“Naglalakad sila. Wala silang pamasahe.” These were the side comments of a cigarette vendor as we passed by the gas station near our subdivision. Paul and I just smiled and shrug it off. We know that was for us.

We always see other people’s mistakes and shortcomings. We notice every move that other people make. But why can’t we look at ourselves first before commenting about the people around us? Why do we need to belittle other people to make us look better?

I too am guilty of this. But after that stage of my life, I moved on. I should always move on. I guess we all should.

There will be a point in our lives where we look back at ourselves 5-10 years later and laughed about our mistakes. What matters then doesn’t matter anymore. Time will always pass and no one is waiting for us. We always need to move with time.

Well I guess that’s the irony of life.

The good thing about life is we can always change every day. We can always choose the path we take.

To the cigarette seller who side commented about us, well thank you for noticing us. I don’t know the reason behind your comment but I have some assumptions. Maybe you wanted your friend – the tricycle driver – to make good money so you want people from the subdivision to ride from their home to the gas station. Or maybe you want your friend – the jeepney driver – to make good money so you want everybody to take the jeepney.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
At the end of the day, it’s not about what they say about me. It is always how I feel about myself.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Developing a positive self-talk lifts up my spirit. It gives me the feeling that everything will be okay. Things may not turn out as planned but I know God answers prayers in three different ways. I don’t mind side comments since it will be a waste of time arguing with people who do not listen. Remember the saying, “Fools argue to prove they are correct while wise men discuss ideas.”

No comments:

Post a Comment