Friday, June 24, 2011

Filipinos are Cheap?

Few days ago we were invited to have lunch with the big boss in the company I am working for. We were glad because only few were invited to share a table him. It means that the team has done something great deserve a special treatment.

It’s normal for Filipinos to order the most expensive meal in a restaurant if someone is going to pay for it. I don’t see a problem in it. What I cannot accept is, the person ordered the most expensive meal but in the end he was not able to finish it.

I don’t like leftovers because I know it will end up in the trash. I hope people can see this fact.

Here are a few guidelines I am personally following when dining out.

  1. Order only what you can pay for even if it will be charged to the other person.
  2. Order only what you can finish.
  3. Don’t focus on the meal. Focus on the business.
  4. Listen attentively.
  5. Avoid commenting on the food unless asked by the host.

Always remember, practicing basic etiquette will leave a better impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment