Monday, September 16, 2013

My Long Overdue Bike

So finally I purchased my first bike last Saturday. After my shift last Friday night, Paul and I went to Glorious Bike shop to look at 2 variants of Dahon D7 – the Speed D7 and Vitesse D7. At first I thought Speed D7 would be a great choice since I like the design and would love to drive it. But it turned out that it was heavier than the Vitesse D7 therefore it will be agonizing to bring around specially that we still don’t have a car.

I slept for 2 hours and went to Ortigas with Paul to try my bike. I initially thought that the ride would be from UP Diliman to Kapitolyo, Pasig. But the rain won’t stop so we (they) aborted the plan and just went to Kapitolyo for a taste of Bulalo.
After eating, we decided to go with the bike ride because the rain had stopped. Sayang naman daw ang ipinunta namin dun. We were there until a little past 12 circling the area and trying out each other’s bikes.

I enjoyed the ride but NOT the uphill climb. Agonizing to my calves. But I guess that’s just the way it is since the ride to Antipolo will be a lot tougher. I really don’t know if I can do that.
Next goals (in order) – a big oven for my baking tasks and a mountain bike for some rough ride. J

~Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment