Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Running Today


I had been addicted to running lately. I joined a lot of fun runs and run almost every day to practice. My longest run was a half-marathon (can you consider it?) trail run in Kitanglad, Bukidnon. (FYI: Kitanglad is the 4th highest mountain in the Philippines.)
What does running do to the body? Why are so many addicted to it?
For me running is a basic form of exercise that promotes balance in the body. This is also a good way of toning the body as well as making one fit. 
Why is it addictive?
First and foremost it is the least expensive exercise I know. You just need a good pair of shoes and you’re good to go. Second, you don’t need to go to a court. Any neighborhood will do. Third, it makes you perspire in just about 10 minutes. Fourth, it feels great after the run. 
Our body needs at least 30 minutes of exercise every day. Let’s all make it a habit to run even for just 30 minutes and do some core exercise after.
PS: I am a part of a “bootcamp” called adination. We meet every Thursday either in Ultra or Tiendesitas to train together. Everyone is invited to join the running community.
~Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment