Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Common Excuses Why People Don’t Get Wealthy

I’ve decided to make a list on the common excuses people make why they aren’t wealthy. These statements are from my friends, officemates, acquaintances and even family members. Take a look. Maybe you’ll find something familiar.

1. My grandfather was poor, my father is poor, therefore I am poor.

I call this excuse “the history excuse”. People tend to think that if their family is poor, it is a deviation to be wealthy.

2. If only my employer pays me more.

You should not wait for your employer to pay you more. If you wait, it will never come.

3. Semiar on what? Uhm, I have to go somewhere else.

Hey, don’t underestimate seminars. You’ll learn a lot from them.

4. I don’t have the time.

Everybody has 24 hours a day. Maybe the people who usually tell this excuse should study time management.

5. God will always take care of those things.

God gave you the mind to think and the body to work. Use them.

6. If you have faith in God, He will provide.

God always provide to those who use their gifts.

7. Money is not the most important thing in this world.

Yes, definitely! But money can affect the most important things in your life. (from Brother Bo Sanchez)

8. Money is just temporary.

It is. But you should not treat it as if it’s nothing to be serious about.

9. You can’t bring money after life.

But maybe you can give inheritance to your family when you die.

10. My wealth are my friends.

How many of your friends will lend you a big amount of money when you need it?

11. The guy should take care of money matters. (from women)

Women are smarter than men when it comes to money. Trust me.

12. Can we just go shopping?

Need I say more?

13. I’m not good in math.

Square root, Laplace Transform, Matrix, Calculus and other advance math are not needed. Simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are the only things you need.

14. I’m afraid to look at my credit card bills.

Before anybody can solve a problem, one has to look at the problem first.

15. I’m still young.

Time fly so fast. Get into the habit of saving and investing before it’s too late.

16. I already have someone who takes care of money matters.

The best person to protect your wealth is you.

17. My mother takes care of the bills.

Your mother will not always be there for you.

18. My mother decides on those things.

Mother knows best. But if you’re grown up, decide for yourself.

19. I have a lot of things to do.

Like what?

20. I’m busy.

Be very busy on other things and you’ll find yourself in deep hole.


Any addition? Feel free to leave a note.


~Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment