Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just had My First Surgery

"There is always a first time" applies to me today. I just had my first surgery at Healthway Medical Greenbelt 5. It was a minor surgery on an epidermal cyst. My surgeon said it was not cancerous. Just to be sure the specimen has to undergo biopsy.

I had this cyst for more than six months already. At first I thought it was just mosquito bite. But then the lump on my left arm stayed longer than a mosquito bite does. I had an informal consultation from a friend (who is a doctor) and he told me not to worry about it. When I finally had the courage to go to a clinic and formally consult a surgeon, he told me the same thing. He suggested to perform an excision so as to ease my worries.

I went under a simple excision procedure. Paul was inside the room during the procedure which lasted for 30 minutes.

I did not pay any fee for the procedure since the company HMO took care of it.

I will be back next week to let my surgeon remove the thread on my left arm. I hope everything will be fine.


~Till then

No comments:

Post a Comment