Saturday, October 30, 2010

On Credit Card

A certain employee of a bank once sent me a text message saying they will send me a pre-approved credit card. All I have to do is send them my personal details thruogh the same number or go to any branch of that bank and update my details. I was confused because it was Sunday and I was about to hear the mass when I got a message like that. Do they need to do this on a Sunday afternoon? But I politely replied because I am a depositor of that particular bank and I don’t want them to brand me as a snob client. My text message goes like this, “Hi Ms. 'Jane Doe'. I don’t think I need a credit card. Please don’t send it to me. Thanks for the info anyway.” True enough, I did not receive a card.

Almost everybody wants a credit card because it can give you a better purchasing power. But, If not managed well, it can give you headache. No doubt I can manage a credit card but I don’t see the need right now. Who doesn’t want freebies or perks? Of coure I do. But to have those freebies I should spend more. That doesn’t work for me.

What do I miss in life not having a credit card? Actually, nothing. I have my debit card and a good bank standing and those are the things that matter to me the most. ;)


~till then


No comments:

Post a Comment